North Dakota Birds

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Ann Berg, Dec 1, 2015.

1. This past Thanksgiving weekend I was fortunate enough to go pheasant hunting in South West North Dakota with my husband and some friends. This was our second year going to this area and conditions were looking good. This trip the birds were very unpredictable rather sitting tight or jumping us way ahead. We never limited out but we brought home 14 pheasants (the limit was 24). I must admit that the rock-star of our group was our dog, Ruby. Ruby is a 1.5 year old Wirehaired Pointing Griffon that we actually purchased from one of the main ladies on here, Kelsie Burford. This dog impressed me beyond belief. This was Ruby's first real hunting trip and was so impressive considering she has had no professional training. Ruby did a fantastic job pointing, finding lost birds, and staying a good distance from us. The only real thing we have to work on is retrieving as she likes to just lay by the bird instead of bring it to us. Overall it was a great trip and I look forward to more memories like this!

Attached Files:

Kelsie likes this.
  2. Kelsie

Kelsie Kelsie-Adventurer-BowHunter- Staff Member

@Ann Berg This is awesome! Thanks for posting! I am so glad to hear Ruby is doing great! She is a beautiful girl! Getting her to retrieve shouldn't be too difficult, considering her natural abilities!