Spring Bear

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Aimee Burnett-Hartwig, May 13, 2015.

1. Is anyone else spring bear hunting? If so, where? We've been on the hunt in Idaho for a few weeks, but no luck yet.

TRx, Rihana Cary and DaniB like this.
  2. We have a few 18" bears coming in consistently but holding out for the bigger one!

DaniB likes this.
  3. DaniB

DaniB Staff Member

Ah shucks @Aimee Burnett-Hartwig that really stinks to hear that. Hopefully the tides change in your favour soon and ya have a bear on the ground. I'm hunting up here in Northern Saskatchewan. We went out last weekend and sat Friday and Saturday. Saw one two year old the first night and then at a different stand the second night saw another two year old and a serious hog of a bear but he just wouldn't give a shot. Sheesh the older they get the smarter they become. Can't a bear get Alzheimers? That would seriously help me out. Good luck to ya!

Keep Hunting & }}-NeverUnderestimate->

Aimee Burnett-Hartwig likes this.
  4. Haha! Yes! It would be nice! This is my first bear season here in Idaho. We have a bait barrel set up and we've been scouting the hillsides, but to no avail. In Oregon, where I grew up, they were everywhere. Hopefully, you'll get a shot at that big boy next time you're out. I definitely want to see pics when you do. Best of luck!!

DaniB, TRx, Rihana Cary and 1 other person like this.
  5. This is my first bear season and I'm told patience is the name of the game when searching for a big boar. Hang in there if you're seeing them you're on the right path. Good luck!

TRx, Lindsay05, DaniB and 1 other person like this.
  6. McNay

McNay Supporting Member

Hopefully next week here in Northern Ontario! Saw a nice big boy tonight while out checking my minnow traps... And a few on trail cams. Best of luck to all you ladies!! Anxious to see some pics o_O
    Alzheimer's!! LOL @DaniB :p

TRx, Lindsay05, Rihana Cary and 2 others like this.
  7. Good luck to you also @McNay !

McNay likes this.
  8. McNay

McNay Supporting Member

Thanks!
    Btw I am now reminiscing about my elk hunt in Idaho a few years ago... Beautiful country there!!

TRx likes this.
  9. Rihana Cary

Rihana Cary Rihana Cary Staff Member

Good luck ladies!!! I have an amazing back strap recipe so let me know if any of you ladies want it :) This Bruin was taken in Oregon in April. We have been continuing to see bears out and about but My husband is trying to spot and stalk with bow and it is HARD!

Attached Files:

10. DaniB

DaniB Staff Member

Wow @Rihana Cary does that bear ever look B-E-A-U-TIFUL! Way to go!

McNay likes this.
  11. I'm headed out this weekend in Alaska with the boyfriend. We've got a good deal worked out - if it's a brown bear he gets to shoot, if it's a black bear I get a shot :) Hoping to fill the freezer with some delicious meat. @Rihana Cary fingers crossed I will need the recipe!

12. Rihana Cary

Rihana Cary Rihana Cary Staff Member

Kelsie likes this.
  13. DaniB

DaniB Staff Member

Good Luck @Jackie Bartz! Not that I'm sure you boyfriend ain't a great guy and all but I'm hoping a monster, ginormous, mega huge black bear steps out and you can take him down!! Shoot Straight!!!

McNay, TRx and Kelsie like this.
  14. I got my bear on Friday so now its helping the hubby get one here in BC. We are heading to Saskatchewan on the 30th for just over a week so hoping to get one there too :) Good Luck Aimee!

15. DaniB

DaniB Staff Member

Hey that is awesome @Nikita Dalke! Way to go! Wondering where in Saskatchewan you are coming to?

16. Thanks! We will be at Chitek Lake

Rihana Cary and DaniB like this.
  17. DaniB

DaniB Staff Member

Hey Chitek Lake, sweet @Nikita Dalke. Hope you have a super time here in Saskatchewan! Shoot a big one. :)

Rihana Cary likes this.
  18. He's a great looking bear Nikita! I'm not having much luck just yet, but I've got at least one weekend left to give it go. Good luck on your bear hunt later this month! :)

Rihana Cary likes this.
  19. I've been unbelievably busy, so this is really late in coming. But, I did shoot my first black bear this year. I shot him at about 40 yards with my .270 he squared at 6'4". Now that I have my first season under my belt, next year I will be using my bow.

Attached Files:

DaniB and McNay like this.
  20. McNay

McNay Supporting Member

Congrats @Aimee Burnett-Hartwig !
    Beautiful bear and great shooting ;)